Caramel Toffee Fruit Dip: Halloween Version4 min read
This fall twist on traditional Caramel Toffee Fruit Dip makes an important addition to any Halloween unfold! The mixture of clean cream cheese, heat brown sugar, toffee items, and a contact of nutmeg is at all times a crowd-pleaser. Served in a hollowed out pumpkin and surrounded by cute, spooky cinnamon chips and crisp autumn apples, this Halloween fruit dip is ideal for entertaining!
Ingredient and Gear Notes
- Tortillas – The lovable cinnamon chips for this recipe are created from flour tortillas, brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon, then baked. Any model of tortilla will work right here!
- Cookie Cutters – Pull out the autumn cookie cutters for this one. Pumpkins, ghosts, bats, leaves; something will do! Don’t have any cookie cutters? No worries, simply minimize your tortillas into wedges.
- Cream Cheese – Full fats or lowered fats will work, don’t use fats free.
- Issues to Dip – I desire tart inexperienced Granny Smith apples with this Halloween dip, however any selection will do. Apples match the autumn theme notably effectively, however strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and just about any fruit you’ll be able to consider goes to be scrumptious right here. Pretzels or graham crackers would even be nice.
- Forestall Browning – To stop brown apples in your serving tray, soak apple slices for 10 minutes in a salt water resolution (half a teaspoon of kosher salt per cup of water). Drain (rinse if desired, however not needed) and pat dry earlier than serving.
- Pumpkin – This Hallween fruit dip seems to be cute and festive served in a small pie pumpkin (the type bought within the produce part within the fall). This recipe makes just below 2 cups of dip, so maintain that in thoughts whereas selecting an applicable pumpkin. In the event you hole it out and discover it’s too large, you’ll be able to place a small upside-down bowl on the backside to refill some house earlier than including the dip. In the event you’d quite not place the dip immediately within the pumpkin, merely drop a bowl inside and fill it up. A cute cauldron serving bowl could be a cute various o a pumpkin as effectively.
Methods to Halloween Fruit Dip and Cinnamon Chips
- Put together cinnamon chips by brushing tortillas with melted butter, sprinkling with cinnamon sugar, and reducing desired shapes. Then pop them within the oven for a couple of minutes to get crispy.
- In the meantime, mix cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla with an electrical mixer. When able to serve, stir in about 1/2 a bag of toffee bits with extra sprinkled on prime. Serve in a hole pumpkin with the spooky cinnamon chips and recent fruit.
In the event you’re searching for nice Halloween get together meals, take a look at these favorites:
Halloween Snack Tray
Ghosts within the Graveyard Pudding Cups
Sweet Corn Sugar Cookies
Monster Munch Popcorn
Can I make this forward of time? This dip is finest made recent. If you’re actually tight on time, nevertheless, you would put together your chips as much as a day forward of time. It’s also possible to combine all the dip substances besides the toffee bits. Combine these in proper earlier than serving and switch the dip to the pumpkin.
Did You Make This?
I’d love to listen to from you! Snap an image and tag me on Instagram, after which come again and provides this recipe a ranking!
This Halloween dip is creamy and crunchy and clean and scrumptious…the entire package deal! An ideal match with our do-it-yourself cinnamon chips for dipping, too!
BAKED CINNAMON CHIPS
8 flour tortillas (mushy taco measurement, however you would use any measurement that works effectively in your cutters)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 8-ounce package deal cream cheese (common or mild is ok)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag toffee bits
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon (a couple of pinch) nutmeg
cinnamon chips, minimize out in spooky shapes
small, hollowed-out pumpkin (a cauldron bowl could be cute as effectively)
Assorted fruit (finest on tart, inexperienced apples, however any form of fruit is nice)
Bamboo skewers (if you wish to kabob your fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Combine cinnamon and sugar collectively. Brush tortillas with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Lower desired shapes (use cookie cutters or minimize into wedges). Lay on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake till calmly browned and crispy (normally about 10 minutes, however all tortillas are completely different, so test them ceaselessly). See full tutorial right here.
- In the meantime, mix cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla with an electrical mixer. When able to serve, stir in toffee bits. Begin with about half a bag and add extra to style, all the way in which as much as the entire bag (simply reserve a couple of for sprinkling on prime). Serve in a hole pumpkin with the spooky cinnamon chips and recent fruit.
To stop brown apples in your serving tray, soak apple slices for 10 minutes in a salt water resolution (half a teaspoon of kosher salt per cup of water). Drain (rinse if desired, however not needed) and pat dry earlier than serving.