Corn Dip Recipe – Love and Lemons5 min read
Make this corn dip to your subsequent summer time get together, and all the bowl will disappear in minutes. Creamy, tangy, candy, and spicy, it’s all the time a success!
For those who’re searching for a straightforward appetizer to convey to a celebration or BBQ this weekend, this corn dip is precisely what you want. It’s tremendous easy to make, and, like all the very best picnic and cookout recipes, it truly will get higher in case you make it forward.
…which is absolutely saying one thing, as a result of this corn dip is insanely scrumptious to start with. A creamy, tangy combo of mayo and Greek yogurt coats juicy, smoky grilled corn kernels, jalapeños, and inexperienced onions. Lime juice makes it recent and brilliant, and large drizzles of sizzling sauce add an additional kick. Yum, proper?! Effectively, pop all of it within the fridge for an hour or so, and the flavors will attain a complete new stage. They meld right into a candy and spicy, wealthy and refreshing stability that’s downright irresistible. This corn dip recipe is designed for serving a crowd, nevertheless it’s so tasty that Jack and I’ve polished it off on our personal in a single sitting. I feel you’ll adore it too!
Corn Dip Recipe Substances
I loosely primarily based this corn dip recipe on my Mexican road corn salad, which is itself loosely primarily based on the Mexican dish esquites, or charred corn kernels blended with a frivolously creamy sauce spiked with chile and lime. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Contemporary candy corn, after all! Grill it on the cob till the kernels are brilliant yellow and frivolously charred. Then, slice the kernels off the cob to combine into the dip.
- Greek yogurt and mayo – Mayo is usually the creamy element utilized in esquites, as it’s in my Mexican road corn salad. To make this recipe even creamier, shifting it from salad territory to dip territory, I combine in Greek yogurt too. Make sure that to make use of one with a very thick consistency, resembling Fage or Chobani.
- Lime juice – It provides brilliant, zesty taste.
- Garlic powder and onion powder – They offer the corn dip savory, umami taste.
- Scallions – For a recent, oniony chew.
- Jalapeño – It provides a kick of warmth.
- Cotija cheese – This crumbly Mexican cheese is SUCH a tasty topping for this corn dip! It provides salty, tangy, funky taste that actually takes the dip excessive. Can’t discover Cotija? Feta and even shredded cheddar cheese would work right here too.
- Contemporary cilantro – My go-to garnish after I’m working with components like grilled corn, jalapeños, and lime.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
For those who like, high the dish together with your favourite sizzling sauce (or a splash of chili powder or cayenne) for much more warmth.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Make Corn Dip
Step one on this corn dip recipe is grilling the corn. I’ve two strategies I like to make use of, one with the husks on and one with the husks off. I like to recommend utilizing the second technique for this recipe, because it’s a bit faster and simpler. And since you’ll be chopping the corn kernels off the cob, nobody will see the husks anyway. Discover my information to grilling corn right here!
Slice the grilled corn kernels off the corncobs and set them apart to chill.
Within the meantime, combine collectively the dip’s creamy base of mayo, Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Subsequent, add the veggies. Earlier than you do, put aside a number of the corn kernels, scallions, and jalapeño for topping the dip. Stir the remaining corn, scallions, and jalapeño into the creamy mayo combination. When the whole lot is properly coated, cowl and refrigerate the dip for no less than one hour.
After the dip chills, it’s able to eat! Sprinkle it with the reserved veggies, the cheese, recent cilantro, and dashes of sizzling sauce, if desired. Serve with corn chips. Take pleasure in!
Serve Corn Dip
My favourite approach to serve this corn dip recipe is in a shallow bowl or serving platter. I unfold the dip in a skinny layer and canopy the highest with the recent garnishes, cheese, and dashes of sizzling sauce. I really like that you just get a mixture of the punchy toppings and the creamy, zesty corn combination in each chew. Scoop it up with tortilla chips, and revel in it with a summery drink like a margarita, mojito, or fresh-squeezed lemonade.
For those who’re making this recipe for a celebration, contemplate including it to a selection of appetizers like avocado salsa, blistered shishito peppers, and bean dip. It’d even be a enjoyable aspect dish for traditional cookout fare like veggie burgers, black bean burgers, or vegan sizzling canines.
How do you wish to serve corn dip? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Favourite Candy Corn Recipes
For those who love this corn dip, attempt one in all these recent candy corn recipes subsequent:
Creamy, tangy, spicy, and candy, this corn dip recipe is SUCH a scrumptious get together appetizer! Make sure that to sit back it for no less than an hour earlier than serving to offer the flavors an opportunity to meld.
- 5 ears recent corn
- ½ cup thick entire milk Greek yogurt, resembling Fage or Chobani
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons recent lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 scallions, chopped, reserve some for topping
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced, reserve some for topping
- 1 tablespoon crumbled Cotija cheese, for serving
- Sizzling sauce, chili powder, and/or cayenne, optionally available, for serving
- Contemporary cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Grill the corn based on this recipe. Slice the kernels off the cobs and put aside to chill.
In a big bowl, combine collectively the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Put aside a number of the corn, scallions, and jalapeño for topping the dip, then add the remaining corn, scallions, and jalapeño to the bowl and stir to coat. Chill for no less than 1 hour.
To serve, unfold the chilled corn dip in a shallow dish and high with the reserved corn, scallions, and jalapeño. Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with sizzling sauce, if desired. Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.