Creamy Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta7 min read
This cozy, creamy Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta recipe is prepared in half-hour and full of the warming flavors of fall! It’s a simple one-pot dinner made with tender pasta tossed in a wealthy pumpkin cream sauce, spiced with nutmeg and a contact of chili.
Serve this with my Southern Pecan Bread and you’ve got a really epic fall dinner concept!
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Bacon
Now and again, I craft up a recipe that I already know is destined for the weeknight dinner Corridor of Fame. Take this straightforward pumpkin and bacon pasta recipe. It ticks each single field for a simple meal (extra on that under), and no doubt, the flavors are the stuff of legends!
This pasta dinner is made in a single pot, with tender cooked pasta tossed in an irresistibly creamy, salty-spicy-savory pumpkin pasta sauce. Oh! Did I point out there’s bacon? Additionally, it’s prepared in underneath half-hour. It doesn’t get a lot better.
I don’t find out about you, however I can’t wait to cozy up with platefuls of this bacon and pumpkin pasta this fall!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are SO many causes to fall in love with this pumpkin pasta recipe (pun supposed). Listed below are my high three:
- Main fall vibes. That is the final word fall pasta recipe. It’s creamy, it’s cozy, and it’s full of heat autumn flavors of pumpkin, plus hints of chili and nutmeg. This pumpkin pasta sauce will make you need to lick the skillet it’s cooked in!
- Prepared in a single pot, in half-hour! I imply, does a simple dinner recipe get any higher?! In case it wants repeating, this fast pasta is made for busy, chilly weeknights.
- Nice for leftovers. Like many pasta recipes, this pumpkin pasta with bacon is even higher when reheated the next day. Storing the leftovers means further time for the farfalle pasta to take in all that decadent cream sauce.
What You’ll Want
Beneath is what you’ll must make this spicy and savory pumpkin pasta with bacon. Don’t overlook to discuss with the recipe card additional down for the total ingredient particulars:
- Bacon and Onion: Diced bacon and onion make up the (scrumptious) taste base for the sauce. I can’t describe how superb my kitchen smelled as they have been sauteeing collectively within the skillet. You should use pancetta instead of bacon for those who choose.
- White Wine: You’ll need to use a dry white wine for this pasta sauce. Assume sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio, chardonnay, or a dry Madeira or marsala wine.
- Rooster Inventory: Use low-sodium rooster inventory or broth. When you’re cooking with out wine, you may substitute the wine with extra inventory.
- Spices: I season this pumpkin sauce with a warming mixture of crushed purple pepper flakes and nutmeg. These spices pair fantastically with the pumpkin, and you may alter the warmth ranges to style. You’ll additionally want salt and pepper.
- Pumpkin Puree: The star ingredient. When you’ve by no means made a pasta sauce with pumpkin earlier than, you’re in for a deal with! Be sure you’re shopping for actual canned pumpkin puree, and never pumpkin pie filling. They’re not the identical!
- Cream: I take advantage of mild cream, nonetheless you should utilize an alternate like heavy cream or entire milk for those who choose.
- Parmesan Cheese: Do your self and your dish an enormous favor and use freshly grated parmesan!
- Contemporary Parsley: Non-obligatory, for garnish.
- Pasta: You’ll want your alternative of pasta noodles, cooked in response to the instructions on the package deal. I opted for farfalle, as they appear fairly and, extra importantly, the sauce coats the form effectively.
How one can Make Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta
Right here’s methods to put together this marvelous pumpkin pasta sauce shortly and simply on the stovetop:
Sauté the Bacon and Onion: In a big skillet, sauté the chopped bacon with the onion. After about quarter-hour, the bacon must be crisp and the onions caramelized. Don’t overlook to empty any extra grease.
Deglaze the Pan: Subsequent, pour within the white wine and rooster inventory. Use a plastic or wood spoon to scrape and elevate these browned, flavorful bits from the underside of the skillet. Add the pumpkin, cream, and seasonings to the skillet.
End the Sauce: Permit your pumpkin sauce to simmer, giving it a stir from time to time. After 5 minutes, you’ll take the skillet off the warmth and, lastly, stir within the grated parmesan.
Add Pasta and Serve: Lastly, add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle over some contemporary chopped parsley and extra parm for those who’d like, then serve!
Ideas and Variations
This recipe is so easy whereas packing in a great deal of taste! It doesn’t take a lot for it to end up good. Nonetheless, listed below are some useful notes and doable recipe variations:
- Don’t overlook to salt your pasta water. Add a hefty spoonful of salt to the water you’ll use to boil the pasta. That is key to well-seasoned, flavorful noodles! Additionally, if it’s good to skinny out the sauce in any respect, including a spoonful of starchy pasta water is a good way to do it.
- Take the pot off the warmth earlier than including the parmesan cheese, to keep away from clumping.
- Use sausage as a substitute of bacon. This recipe seems nice when made with floor sausage, too (you may as well try my recipe for Creamy Pumpkin Sausage Pasta!).
- For a vegetarian model, depart the bacon out altogether and use vegetable inventory instead of the rooster inventory.
- Make your individual pasta. Dry pasta makes this recipe tremendous handy. Nonetheless, be at liberty to make use of your favourite do-it-yourself pasta recipe when you’ve got one! Or, strive it with my straightforward Selfmade Egg Noodles.
What to Serve With Pumpkin Pasta
This pumpkin pasta makes a beautiful and fast fall dinner. Listed below are a few of our favourite aspect concepts to spherical out a meal:
How one can Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Retailer leftover pumpkin pasta refrigerated hermetic for as much as 3 days. The flavors really develop much more with time! Reheat the pasta on the stovetop or within the microwave with a splash of water or inventory to revive the sauce.
Can I Freeze This?
Whereas I don’t suggest freezing the pasta, the pumpkin pasta sauce might be saved in a freezer-safe container and saved frozen for as much as 3 months. Defrost the sauce within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating, then prepare dinner up a contemporary batch of pasta to serve it with.
This creamy Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta is prepared in half-hour and full of the flavors of fall! Made with tender pasta tossed in a velvety pumpkin cream sauce, spiced with nutmeg and a contact of crushed purple pepper.
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup rooster inventory
- 1 teaspoon crushed purple pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15- ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup mild cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon contemporary floor black pepper
- 1/2 cup contemporary grated parmesan cheese
- Non-obligatory garnish – contemporary parsley
- 1 pound pasta cooked in response to package deal instructions, make certain to salt your water in terms of a boil.
- In a big skillet or Dutch oven over medium warmth, prepare dinner the bacon and onion collectively till the bacon is crisp and the onions are smooth and calmly caramelized, about quarter-hour.
- Drain extra bacon grease from the skillet and add within the wine and inventory, scraping up the brown bits within the backside of the pan. Add within the crushed purple pepper, nutmeg, pumpkin, cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix and produce the combination to a low boil. Scale back warmth to low and simmer for five minutes, stirring regularly. Take away the pan from the warmth and stir within the parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Garnish with contemporary parsley and extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve instantly
- When you don’t have wine, you may omit it and improve the inventory
- Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- May also be made with floor sausage as a substitute of bacon.
Key phrases: pumpkin pasta sauce, pasta in pumpkin sauce, fall dinner concepts
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
Extra Cozy Pasta Recipes
PIN for later: