Ham Bone Soup (Gradual Cooker)4 min read
Acquired some leftover Christmas ham? Flip it right into a tasty dwelling bone soup.
This easy recipe is crammed with ham, beans, and greens. Simply throw all the things within the gradual cooker and let it work its magic.
Serve it with some straightforward dinner rolls or home made bread for the right anytime meal!
An Straightforward Soup for a Leftover Ham Bone
We love soups across the holidays and this ham bone soup tops the record.
- This ham bone vegetable soup recipe is straightforward to make.
- No must run to the shop; you most likely have all of the components already!
- Add the components to your CrockPot (or Prompt Pot) let it do its factor
- This recipe can be cooked in a dutch oven on the stovetop or in an Prompt Pot.
- This recipe might be frozen for fast meals.
Components in Ham Bone Soup
Ham Bone: A ham bone (or smoked ham hock) present the bottom for the soup and add numerous taste. Save the bone out of your vacation ham or spiral ham (simply toss it within the freezer till you’re prepared).
Broth: Use broth (or broth and water) to create the liquid base for this ham bone soup recipe. It’s also possible to add in leftover gravy or home made turkey or hen inventory to spice up the flavour. Ham is salty so be sure you use low-sodium or no-sodium broth.
Beans: Canned beans make this straightforward however you’ll be able to definitely rehydrate and prepare dinner dried beans for those who choose.
Greens: Recent or frozen greens might be added. Use greens you have got leftover out of your turkey dinner, corresponding to candy potatoes, inexperienced beans, peas, corn, carrots, squash, and extra. In the event that they’re already cooked, stir them in for the final half-hour of cooking to warmth by so that they don’t get mushy.
Different Makes use of For a Leftover Ham Bone
- Take away a lot of the meat from the bone to make use of in leftover ham recipes. however depart a bit of on the bone for taste.
- Save the bone within the freezer till you’re able to make soup (use proper from frozen).
- Earlier than serving, take away the bone from the soup and decide off any remaining meat. Add the meat again to the soup and discard the bone.
- Notice: the bone shouldn’t be used for a couple of soup because it received’t have sufficient taste left.
Strive utilizing it in ham and bean soup or cut up pea soup.
How To Make Ham Bone Soup
That is one of the best ham bone soup, and since it’s made in a gradual cooker, all you really want to do is a tiny little bit of prep.
- Cube, chop and slice your veggies.
- Add all components to the gradual cooker and prepare dinner till the greens are tender.
- Take away meat from the bone and add it again into the soup.
It actually is without doubt one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make. Get pleasure from!
Hearty & Savory Soups
Did you get pleasure from this Ham Bone Soup? You should definitely depart a ranking and a remark under!
Ham Bone Soup (Gradual Cooker)
A ham bone is gradual cooked with veggies like potatoes, carrots, corn, and beans. Serve it with some straightforward dinner rolls for the right meal!
Cook dinner the onion in butter in a small skillet over medium warmth till barely softened.
Mix all components within the gradual cooker.
Cowl and prepare dinner on excessive for six hours or on low for 9-10 hours.
Take away ham bone, bay leaves and thyme stems (if utilizing recent thyme).
Chop meat from the bone and add again into the soup. Stir and serve.
- The scale of your ham bone or the quantity of meat on the bone can add kind of taste.
- Use a smoked ham hock for those who don’t have a ham bone.
- Add leftover gravy or home made inventory for additional taste.
- Exchange canned beans with soaked beans. This may enhance the cooking time.
- Add leftover greens out of your turkey dinner, corresponding to candy potatoes, inexperienced beans, peas, corn, carrots, squash, over the last half-hour of cooking time.
- The ham bone shouldn’t be used for a couple of soup
- Retailer leftovers within the fridge in a coated container for as much as 4-5 days. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Energy: 189 | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4070IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.