Pork Lo Mein – Creme De La Crumb6 min read
Printed: January 5, 2023
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn our disclosure coverage.
This simple and taste packed Pork Lo Mein is so scrumptious and straightforward to make! Skip the take out and make your individual restaurant-style lo mein proper at house.
Subsequent, attempt extra of my Asian recipes, like Simple Chinese language Cashew Hen, Korean Fried Hen, Sticky Sesame Hen, and Thai Hen Curry with Coconut Milk.
Why This Recipe Works
Taste Packed: I’m not often an enormous pork fan, however let me inform you that this pork lo mein recipe has transformed me to really get pleasure from pork! With aromatics and tons of Asian-inspired flavors like garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil, the mix of flavors and smells could have you able to devour this simple lo mein dinner!
Carried out in half-hour: Once I inform you that is a straightforward dinner to make, I’m not mendacity! It took me simply half-hour. First we make the marinade and let the pork sit in it, then make the stir fry sauce, after which prepare dinner all the things collectively! Because the pork is sliced into small items, it browns up rapidly in a excessive warmth pan.
Versatile: The fantastic thing about lo mein recipes is which you can end up the greens sitting in your fridge that must be eaten! Just about any veggie with a little bit of meat like pork or hen can be scrumptious is that this sauce together with the lo mein noodles. You’ll be able to add mushroom, broccoli, cauliflower and even corn to this lo mein recipe!
The components for this pork lo mein recipe are used generally in Asian-inspired dishes and can make you are feeling like you’re consuming a restaurant take-out meal! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce provides a ton of umami and that salty taste that the pork wants. You need to use low sodium soy sauce in case you choose!
- Chili Oil: The chili oil provides a touch of spice which balances the salty flavors discovered all through this recipe.
- Sugar: The sugar won’t find yourself tasting candy, however rounds out the flavors of the pork and stir fry sauce.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch helps the pork brown properly and get a bit of crispy!
- Pork Tenderloin: I like to make use of pork tenderloin since it’s a increased high quality reduce of meat and is usually fairly lean!
Stir Fry Sauce:
- Soy Sauce & Oyster Sauce: A mixture of soy sauce and oyster sauce are nice for umami taste.
- Aromatics: Garlic, Contemporary Ginger and Floor Ginger make up the aromatics on this sauce and add tons of taste!
- Toasted Sesame Oil: This lends a little bit of nutty taste that’s important in lo mein!
For the Lo Mein:
- Lo Mein or Chow Mein Noodles: You will discover dry lo mein or chow mein noodles on the native grocery retailer. Each lo mein and chow mein noodles would require boiling earlier than you combine them with the remainder of the components.
- Greens: Snow or Sugar Snap Peas, Carrot, Cabbage, Bean Sprouts and Inexperienced Onions are mixed for a veggie packed meal! You’ll be able to add extra veg or omit relying in your desire.
Right here’s Methods to Make It
Step by Step Directions
- Marinate the Pork: Combine the marinade components collectively for the pork and stir within the sliced pork tenderloin. Put aside. (photograph 1)
- Make the Stir Fry Sauce: Whisk collectively all the sauce components to make the stir fry sauce. Put aside. (photograph 2)
- Boil the Noodles: Boil your noodles in keeping with package deal directions. Pressure and rinse with chilly water, then put aside. (not pictured)
- Sauté the Veg: In the meantime, in a big skillet, frying pan or wok, warmth 1 tablespoon of the canola oil over a excessive warmth. Add the snow peas, carrot and cabbage, and prepare dinner, stirring typically till the carrot is changing into tender and the cabbage is beginning to soften and shade. Stir within the bean sprouts and prepare dinner for an extra couple of minutes till they’re tender. This can take longer utilizing recent bean sprouts. Take away the greens from the pan and put aside. (pictures 3-4)
- Prepare dinner the Pork: Warmth the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and prepare dinner the pork till simply cooked by means of. This could solely take a minute or two. Return the greens and stir within the noodles. (pictures 5-6)
- Toss all of it Collectively: Flip the warmth right down to medium and add the sauce, stirring till the noodles are properly coated and shiny. Stir within the sliced inexperienced onions simply earlier than serving. (pictures 7-8)
- Canned Bean Sprouts or Mung Bean Sprouts may be discovered within the worldwide part of the grocery retailer, or at a specialty Asian grocery retailer. You don’t should have bean sprouts to make this recipe, however they’re a pleasant addition!
- Pork Lo Mein is flexible! It may simply be made into hen or beef lo mein by changing the meat! The marinade might be good with both of these meat choices.
- Strive to not overcook the meat. Since you’re slicing the pork tenderloin into skinny items, it received’t take lengthy to prepare dinner. 1-2 minutes must be good after which when you add the greens, noodles, and sauce and let all of it heat by means of, the pork might be achieved. Pork must be cooked to an inner temperature of 145 levels.
Steadily Requested Questions
Lo mein is a noodle dish that originates from China and often consists of an egg noodle, greens, and a few kind of meat. This pork lo mein recipe relies on the American tackle lo mein.
I don’t suggest freezing leftover pork lo mein because the noodles are fairly delicate and would possibly go mushy as soon as they’re thawed. To retailer leftovers, put them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Extra Take Out Recipes to Strive
Did you make this recipe? FANTASTIC. Please price the recipe under and tag me on social if you snap a photograph – I like seeing your CDLC creations!
Combine the marinade components collectively for the pork and stir within the sliced pork fillet. Put aside.
Whisk collectively all the sauce components to make the stir fry sauce and put aside.
Boil the noodles as per the package deal directions. Pressure and rinse with chilly water, and put aside.
In the meantime, in a big skillet, frying pan or wok, warmth 1 tablespoon of the canola oil over excessive warmth. Add the snow peas, carrot and cabbage, and prepare dinner, stirring typically till the carrot is changing into tender and the cabbage is beginning to soften and shade. Stir within the bean sprouts and prepare dinner for an extra couple of minutes till they’re tender, however nonetheless retain some crunch. This can take longer utilizing recent bean sprouts as a substitute of canned (see notice). Take away the greens from the pan and put aside.
Warmth the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and prepare dinner the pork till simply cooked by means of. This could solely take a minute or two. Return the greens and stir within the noodles.
Flip the warmth right down to medium and add the sauce, stirring till the noodles are properly coated and shiny. Stir within the sliced inexperienced onions simply earlier than serving.
- Oyster sauce may be present in giant grocery shops, Asian grocery shops or on-line. Lee Kum See is an effective model.
- When you have entry to recent bean sprouts, that are preferable on this recipe however more durable to search out, sub in 8 oz recent.
- Leftovers may be stored lined within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Energy: 410 kcal, Carbohydrates: 40 g, Protein: 31 g, Fats: 14 g, Saturated Fats: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 3 g, Monounsaturated Fats: 7 g, Trans Fats: 0.1 g, Ldl cholesterol: 74 mg, Sodium: 1707 mg, Potassium: 656 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 4 g, Vitamin A: 2893 IU, Vitamin C: 24 mg, Calcium: 45 mg, Iron: 2 mg