Simple Cashew Rooster | Cookies and Cups8 min read
This amazingly straightforward (and simply plain superb) Cashew Rooster is a favourite weeknight dinner! Created from juicy hen stir-fried with tender veggies in Link slot gacor a tangy, savory Asian-inspired sauce. This 25-minute home made recipe is 1,000,000 instances higher than takeout.
For those who love fast take out at residence impressed dinners, be certain to attempt my Beef and Broccoli recipe!
Higher-Than-Takeout Cashew Rooster Recipe
We’re no strangers to takeout on this household. I’m a sucker for the comfort of a sizzling and prepared meal from our favourite native take out spot, however I additionally know there’s nothing higher than home made! For the times when a craving strikes, this straightforward cashew hen recipe has all of the acquainted Asian-style flavors that I like, made proper at residence (within the time it could take to have it delivered, too!). Like my Orange Rooster, this can be a restaurant-quality hen dinner that anybody could make with a number of fundamental components and a skillet.
The spicy and tangy cashew hen sauce is simply next-level scrumptious, and you may make this recipe as gentle or as sizzling as your loved ones prefers. For those who’re on the go all week lengthy, my cashew hen is your new finest pal. That is the kind of dinner you want in your life, belief me.
What Is Cashew Rooster?
Cashew Rooster is all the time my go-to order once we seize Chinese language take-out. It’s a preferred dish constructed from hen and greens, stir-fried with cashew nuts in a mixture of hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil. The flavors are savory, a little bit tangy, and a bit spicy (relying on how a lot chili is concerned).
Enjoyable reality: You’ll discover completely different variations, together with Chinese language-style, like this one, and Thai cashew hen, however cashew hen was truly invented in Missouri! It’s extra of an American dish that’s Chinese language-inspired, created at a restaurant referred to as Leong’s Tea Home.
What You’ll Want
There are two elements to this cashew hen recipe: the flavorful stir-fry sauce, plus the hen and different add-ins. Under is an summary of the varied components you’ll want for each. Keep in mind to seek advice from the recipe card for the total ingredient quantities!
For the Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce and Soy Sauce: Each of those conventional Asian condiments pack in a great deal of umami taste. Like soy sauce, hoisin sauce is constructed from soybeans, with extra spices, garlic, and chilies. It’s largely gentle, so that you’ll discover I spice it up with chili sauce in a while. You’ll discover hoisin sauce within the condiment aisle of most main supermarkets.
- Rooster Broth: I like to recommend utilizing low-sodium hen broth since components like soy sauce already comprise excessive quantities of sodium. You don’t need your sauce to return out overly salty.
- Honey: For a touch of pure sweetness. For those who don’t have honey readily available, brown sugar can be utilized as a substitute.
- Rice Vinegar: Rice vinegar is the most effective for seasoning and flavoring Asian-style recipes. For those who don’t have it, apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar are good substitutes.
- Sesame Oil: You’ll need to get your arms on some. Sesame oil has a particular taste that basically can’t be substituted in Chinese language-style cooking!
- Ginger: I extremely suggest utilizing freshly grated ginger on this cashew hen stir fry sauce. It’s straightforward to grate utilizing a zester, and also you’ll discover contemporary ginger root in most grocery shops or markets. Floor ginger works in a pinch, however the taste simply doesn’t examine!
- Cornstarch: To thicken the sauce.
- Sriracha and Crushed Purple Pepper: To beef up the spiciness of the sauce. I exploit sriracha for its barely candy chili taste. One other related chili sauce may even work. For those who’d want a extra gentle sauce, be happy to adapt the quantity of chili or go away it out altogether.
For the Rooster
- Rooster: I exploit boneless skinless hen breasts, lower into skinny strips. Some folks want to make use of boneless hen thighs, which is completely positive additionally! You’ll additionally want canola oil or vegetable oil for sautéing the hen.
- Greens: I exploit a mixture of snow peas, thinly-sliced carrots (julienne-style is finest), and crispy water chestnuts in my cashew nut hen, together with garlic for aromatics. You’ll be able to undoubtedly adapt this recipe with any greens you’d like. See in a while for simple variation concepts.
- Cashews: Everybody thinks the hen is the star of the present right here, however actually, it’s the cashew nuts! Cashews change into wealthy and nutty as they cook dinner, lending a great deal of taste to the stir fry. Be sure you use unsalted cashews so that you just don’t wind up with a dish that’s too salty.
- Jasmine Rice: I serve my cashew hen over a mattress of fluffy jasmine rice. After all, you may serve your stir fry nonetheless you’d like! Take a look at the part under for extra tasty serving strategies and aspect dish concepts.
The right way to Make Cashew Rooster
Don’t be stunned if this cashew hen is essentially the most ridiculously straightforward dish you’ll make this week! When you whisk up your stir-fry sauce, simply 20 minutes is all you must sauté the components in a skillet.
- Put together the Sauce: This half is tremendous straightforward. Merely whisk collectively all of the sauce components in a bowl, and set this apart for now.
- Brown the Rooster: In case you have a wok, now’s the chance to make use of it! In any other case, warmth a little bit of oil in a non-stick skillet on the stovetop. Give your hen strips a sprinkle with salt and pepper, after which toss these into the skillet to sear on either side. I like to recommend working in batches, in order to not overcrowd the hen items. Over medium-high warmth, the hen ought to brown fairly shortly.
- Prepare dinner the Veggies: Switch the seared hen items out of the pan and onto a plate. Subsequent, decrease the warmth and add the carrots and snow peas to the skillet to cook dinner till they’re crisp-tender. Afterward, stir within the garlic and water chestnuts.
- Mix: Now, it’s time to deliver all of it collectively. Add the cooked hen again to the skillet, and over low warmth, pour within the stir fry sauce. Sprinkle within the cashews, after which stir all the things to coat whereas the sauce thickens and cooks. Dish up your home made cashew hen over rice or noodles, and dig in!
Ideas for Success
Under are some closing recipe notes to assist your cashew hen come out precisely to your liking:
- Adapt the warmth ranges. For those who’re catering to milder palates, you may adapt the quantity of chili on this recipe as wanted. Use roughly sizzling sauce, or omit the chili altogether.
- Toast the cashews. In case you have the time, flippantly toasting the cashews in a pan with some oil brings out an much more nutty taste. It’s also possible to use pre-roasted cashews.
- Make it vegetarian. You’ll be able to simply swap out the hen for tofu should you’re making a vegetarian stir-fry. Or, simply exchange the hen with extra veggies! See under for simple variation concepts.
Simple Recipe Variations
I like meals like cashew nut hen as a result of I hardly run out of how to customise the components. A stir fry is an ideal approach to make use of up nearly any leftover veggies, and so forth. you’ll have kicking round within the fridge. Listed here are some straightforward cashew hen variations to attempt:
- Totally different Protein: Why not attempt cashew beef? Or tofu with cashew nuts? Rooster is a basic, however go forward and blend it up with any protein you’d like.
- Totally different Veggies: This recipe works with nearly any vegetable. Strive it with broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, candy corn, onions, inexperienced beans, mushrooms, cabbage, or bok choy. Understand that completely different greens could have completely different cook dinner instances.
- Simple Add-Ins: Costume up this straightforward stir-fry recipe with bean sprouts, edamame, chives, or inexperienced onions.
What to Serve with Cashew Rooster
All it takes is a aspect of rice or Spicy Sesame Noodles to show your cashew hen right into a well-rounded meal. Simply another reason to like this recipe! After all, should you’re on the lookout for easier dishes to serve alongside a scrumptious plate of hen with cashew nuts, under are a few of our favorites.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Refrigerate leftover cashew hen hermetic for as much as 3 days. Leftovers are straightforward to reheat within the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop. You’ll be able to add a little bit water to assist loosen up the sauce if wanted.
Can I Freeze Cashew Rooster?
Sure! This hen stir fry freezes effectively. Retailer it hermetic in a freezer-safe container or resealable bag, and freeze it for as much as 3 months. Thaw the cashew hen within the fridge earlier than reheating.
clock iconcutlery iconflag iconfolder iconinstagram iconpinterest iconfb iconprint iconsquares iconcoronary heart iconcoronary heart stable icon
This 25-minute Cashew Rooster recipe is a simple takeout-inspired meal! A family-friendly dinner concept constructed from juicy hen cooked with tender-crisp veggies in a flavorful sauce.
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup hen broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- ½–1 teaspoon crushed crimson pepper
For the Rooster:
- 1– 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1½ kilos boneless hen breasts, sliced thinly into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced very skinny
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashews
- salt and pepper to style
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine Rice
- Sauce: Whisk all of the components for the sauce collectively in a bowl till clean and set it apart.
- Rooster: Warmth the canola oil in a big non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high warmth.
- Season the sliced hen with salt and pepper and when the oil is sizzling place the hen into the skillet in batches, browning on either side. Ensure to not over-crowd the skillet. The hen will cook dinner shortly, 2- 3 minutes on either side. Switch the hen to a plate and proceed till all of the hen is cooked.
- Cut back the warmth to medium and add within the carrots and snow peas, sauteing till they’re tender, however left with a slight chew, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and water chestnuts and cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Cut back the warmth to low and return the hen again to the pan. Add the reserved sauce and the cashews, then stir to mix. Prepare dinner till the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve sizzling over jasmine rice.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Key phrases: hen with cashews recipes, hen with cashew nuts, cashew hen stir fry
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
Extra Asian-Impressed Meal Concepts
PIN for later: