Simple Turmeric Tea – Downshiftology4 min read
Turmeric tea is a heat and soothing mix of floor turmeric, lemon juice, and honey. It gives good-for-you anti-inflammatory compounds that present a variety of well being advantages. And it simply tastes good!
Regardless of the season, it at all times is sensible to wrap your fingers round a heat cup of turmeric tea. Just like golden milk, it’s comforting and soothing, with a daring earthy taste that’s barely candy. The tea’s vibrant coloration comes from turmeric, the golden-hued floor spice that provides curry its signature coloration.
Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory powerhouse and possesses many well being advantages. That’s why it’s a favourite ingredient of mine! And right this moment, I’ve added a wholesome pinch of floor black pepper to this recipe which helps your physique higher take up the curcumin, the highly effective antioxidant present in turmeric (although you possibly can at all times pressure that out should you’d like). This tea is ideal for sipping any time of day, however it’s particularly soothing proper earlier than bedtime.
Turmeric Tea Components
Turmeric is considered one of my go-to’s after I’m whipping up wholesome drinks like my jamu juice and turmeric smoothie. The flavour of this tea is milder than my jamu juice, making it a satisfying drink you can take pleasure in all day lengthy. Right here’s what it’s good to make it:
- Turmeric: I used floor turmeric right here because it’s a lot simpler to seek out and preserve in my pantry.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice lends a shiny pop of citrus taste.
- Honey: I like my tea with a touch of sweetness. In case you desire, you should use maple syrup as a substitute of honey.
- Black Pepper: Only a pinch of black pepper helps your physique take up the curcumin from the turmeric.
Can you employ contemporary turmeric as a substitute of dried turmeric? Completely! Simply grate about 1 ½ teaspoons of contemporary turmeric root.
Discover the printable recipe with measurements beneath
The Well being Advantages of Turmeric
Turmeric is terrific for anybody with autoimmune situations (like me) as a consequence of its highly effective anti-inflammatory properties. Research have proven that curcumin may also help with sure autoimmune situations by regulating inflammatory alerts. Turmeric’s antioxidant components additionally helps battle power irritation which may diminish your immune system, making this tea an ideal addition to your wellness routine throughout chilly climate.
In case you’re trying to enhance mind well being, turmeric encourages the expansion of latest neurons and should lower cognitive decline. It might additionally decelerate coronary heart illness and getting old (and who doesn’t love that?).
The right way to Make Turmeric Tea
In case you can boil water, you can also make turmeric tea! Just some easy steps and also you’ll be sipping to good well being.
- Add the water, turmeric, lemon juice, honey, and black pepper to a small pot, then whisk collectively.
- Warmth on excessive simply till the tea begins to boil. Flip the warmth right down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let the tea cool for a minute or two. Pour into your favourite mug and revel in.
Turmeric Tea Recipe Video
Wish to see how simple it’s to make this tea? Watch the video beneath!
The right way to Customise Your Tea
When you’ve made your fundamental turmeric tea, have just a little enjoyable with the recipe!
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg or floor cloves for a toasty spice taste.
- Make this a extra strong tea by including a bag of chamomile tea or inexperienced tea to the pot whereas it simmers.
- Strive swapping the lemon juice for freshly squeezed orange juice.
Extra Wholesome Drink Recipes
In relation to wholesome drinks I’ve acquired loads of choices for you. Give a few of these different recipes a attempt!
Simple Turmeric Tea
A easy mix of turmeric, lemon juice, honey, and black pepper. This antioxidant powerhouse provides you with an immunity enhance any time of the 12 months. Watch how I make it within the video above!
Energy: 27kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 1g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Sodium: 13mg, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 7mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe initially revealed September 2020, however up to date to incorporate new data.